Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eldredge Fly Shop

I finally made it into this shop today after I have passed it dozens of times.

I don't think the door had even closed behind me when I was greeted by the gentleman behind the counter. I said hello and I was invited to browse and browse I did.

After browsing for a few minutes, I headed out but not before I was once again engaged by the gentleman behind the counter. He asked if I had any questions and I explained that I wanted to stop in after all these years. I mentioned that I am still learning about fly-fishing and just started tying flies.

This lead to a long conversation and an invitation to come back on March 31st for their show. In addition, one of the customers at the register started giving me tips about tying flies.

The funny thing is we were all from MA.

I may end up there on March 31st.

http://eldredgeflyshop.com

4 comments:

  1. Nice Mac, that's the way new fishing buddies are made. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Howard.......it was just like someone on Alan's (BrkTrt's) blog said that it was like Mayberry.

    The gent behind the counter, come to find out, grew up in the town I live in now.

    I will be stopping in there everytime I have the chance from now on when I am in Maine.

    I get the sense you are right that I may have found "my" hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed,
    Glad you stopped in. The next time ask Jim about his success with the "Bomber".
    I'm going to try to get there March 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alan.....I am glad I took your advice. I may be up there between now and the 31st and I will ask Jim. Hopefully I will be there on the 31st.

    ReplyDelete