Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It is all me..................

Last night after a disastrous start "it dawned on Marblehead" and I finally have tying off "mastered".

Therefore...........the flies below were handled only by me but where finished with some direction.

This is called Jassid.

It has escaped the vise and is on the table.


The "brothers" are ready for action this spring.

The master at the podium projected onto the screen.

The last class for this section is Thursday and I believe we will be doing a streamer. I signed up for the next group of classes and they will be focused on streamers exclusively. It looks like I will be buying some tying equipment over the weekend.

8 comments:

  1. The Jassid, a Vince Marinaro classic.
    It's a good fly.
    Your improving Ed. Keep at is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! What did you use for the wing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alan........I didn't find it in my book but I did find a video on Google that showed how to tie this fly. Thanks for the kind words. I am getting into it and see me doing this for a while.

    Hi Anthony..........thank you and welcome back. I can't say it in mixed company but here is a link: http://bit.ly/yUkrk5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mac, I'm pretty impressed! I like that fly and it looks like it's going to hold together. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Howard. It is amazing what a good knot will do. I appreciate the encouragement. The folks running the class as well as the people in the class have been very helpful and patient and that has made all the difference. I know someone famous said that before but it bears repeating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was that, but never heard of using it for a wing. But who cares about convention, that's a good tie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, Ed. My first impression was wasp. I'm not sure what it's supposed to imitate, but if I was a trout, I'd eat it.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again Anthony....I looked for it in my Hatch Guide for New England and couldn't find it but Alan knew it immediately (no shock there).

    Hi Mark.....the instructor said it imitates a beetle. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete