Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Plans Interrupted

I ended up going to the Cape today and the weather was nice; however, I had to cancel my trip to the National Seashore and my plans to do some fly-fishing because I had to get back to the office to do something by the end of the day.

I did stop and took a picture of the Sagamore Bridge from canal level. The canal is one of the better places to do striper fishing and I hope to wet a line here in the fall. I will be heading back to the Cape around the middle of September and will be making the trip to the National Seashore.

The bridge transverses the Cape Cod Canal.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to your part of the country Mac, but boy I sure need to. I think I'm missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Howard....I really am a homer but I realize there are beautiful places all over the US. You live in one of them

    I am fortunate that my job affords me the opportunity to see a lot of New England while "on the clock" and I certainly take advantage of that opportunity. I need to get a better camera because right now I am using my Blackberry.

    If you ever decide to visit, then let me know and I can help you with the itinerary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this weekend is going to be one to stay off the cape or islands with 30ft waves in the forecast. I fished the canal by MA Maritime before and got a few bass. Sorry work cramped your fishing out, happens all the time to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Savage....this is not going to be a good weekend in New England. A guy from work lives in the Outer Banks in NC and he is afraid his house won't be there after this weekend. So things like this storm provide perspective. Try to stay dry this weekend.

    ReplyDelete