Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I have not been fishing for some time because of the heat and rain.

I promised some time ago that I would do a post about Walden Pond. Today my brother-in-law and I went to Walden Pond and did a little fishing. It was an absolutely wonderful, early September day in New England. As you may have expected, there were people biking, boating, fishing, swimming and walking today.


As we made our way along the beach to the path that encircles Walden Pond we found this stone marker.


We found an area to do a little fishing and set up shop. We used live bait, night crawlers, lures and nothing enticed the bass to the end our lines. This was our view as we tossed our lines into the water.

The water was so clean and clear at Walden Pond that we saw a couple of large mouth bass that kept swimming in front of us and ignoring our offerings. We stayed about 60 minutes and decided to go to Lake Cochituate (History).


We found a spot along Lake Cochituate's shoreline and fished for a couple of hours. Below was my view as I fished.


The weather is changing for the better (in my view) and I expect to get back to wandering.



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day to just "Kick it". Glad you enjoyed the pond. nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mac, thought we lost you. I'm glad you got out on the lakes. They sure look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back.
    The weather is getting better, and excellent Autumn fishing beckons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Savage. I hope you got out too. Did you ever get your First Response stuff together?

    Hi Howard....my youngest son went to college so there has been a lot going on lately. Now that I have time on my hands it is time to go fishing. I have my rods, etc. back in the trunk. I know that I told you that I would do a post about Walden Pond so when we decided to go there I had to get some pictures for you. We hadn't been there for over 10 years and it was nice to go back even if we didn't catch anything.

    Hi Alan...it is good to be back fishing. I am really glad that you are back out there waltzing with nature and enjoying all her beauty. Once my wife finishes with all the cleaning I think I found a place for one of your prints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wanted to check out Walden..a true gem..

    ReplyDelete
  6. PB Man.....it is a great place you can fish year round. I don't think there is an off season. The fall is a great time to visit Walden. There are some nice farm stands nearby to get some local products. Here is a link if you are interested in visiting: http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/walden/

    ReplyDelete