Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trying to stay true to the name.

I got my latest copy of New England Game & Fish yesterday. I read about several rivers that I want to fish this year in western MA (Swift and Connecticut) and one or two in NH's White Mountains. If I am to live up to the blog's name, then I have to travel more than a mile from my house to fish. According to the magazine, these are some of the best rivers to fly-fish in New England.  
Also, I was reading Field & Stream and there was an article titled "If you could fish anywhere this summer......". For the Killer Rivers part of the story the number 10 spot was Farmington River in New Hartford CT (another destination for me). When I looked at the name of the person quoted it was a women who showed me how to cast at the DCU Sportman's Show in MA (I wrote about it in an earlier blog). I sent her a congratulations email last night and she didn't realize that she had made it into the article. Congratulations again Marla if you made it to the blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment