Saturday, December 29, 2012

Last fishing trip on my 2012 license

Well my brother in law and I made it out today to fish the last time on our 2012 licences.

The weather wasn't to bad (~30 degrees and no wind) and we weren't the only people with the same idea. As a result, we had to go to another spot further up the road; however, all was not lost because we "found" this rock that was shaped like a chair.

My brother in law taking a snooze in the Rock Chair.

Since there was no wind the water was very calm and made it so much easier to be out there in December.


We only stayed for about 90 minutes and within a few minutes of being there my brother in law got a hit.
Unfortunately, the fish was not brought to hand. 


My brother in law was off to do some black powder deer hunter since the season ends on Monday.

An added bonus, my son & his girlfriend went to Gloucester MA and found this: Lobster Trap XMAS Tree
For those of you who may not know, Gloucester was the town where the Perfect Storm movie was based.

Happy New Year!







6 comments:

  1. I thought for sure that was you sleeping and wondered why you'd bring a chair along fishing with you! The lobster trap tree is pretty amazing. It reminds me (I don't know why) of the park archway in Jackson Wyoming made of antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great timing. I just purchased my 2013 license. I love the lobster trap Christmas Tree and the Perfect Storm is one of my favorite movies. Happy New Year.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark....the tree is pretty nice.

      Gloucester is currently the subject of a new show on National Geographic called Wicked Tuna. I have watched and it is pretty good.

      Lobster Wars was on Discovery Channel show last year.

      It seems that New England is hot spot for these shows right now. Only Alaska seems to have more shows about it on television than New England.

      It must be the accents.....

      Have a safe and Happy New Year.

      Delete
  3. Hi Howard....the chair was a surprise and my brother in law is not camera shy.

    I thought the lobster pot Christmas tree was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed,
    You were able to get out and enjoy nature. A fine way to end a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan,
      You are right about that.
      I haven't found Jack Gartside's book but I did find Trout Stream of Southern New England by Tom Fuller. Have you ever heard of it? It is filled with great details of streams in CT, MA and RI.
      Also, did you ever read the Sports Illustrated profile of Gartside? If you haven't I will send you the link.

      Delete