Sunday, April 8, 2012

A few firsts........

Today was family oriented....started with mass and was followed by breakfast at a diner. We then headed to my sister's house to have dinner and watch the Masters.

After we got home, I decided to hit the river as the sun started to set. I tied on one of the flies I tied during the winter. I made a few casts and boom the fight was on. A minute later my first brook trout I ever caught fly-fishing. I will post all the pictures tomorrow. This was the only fish I caught but I was caught in my first hatch. The last first was to see a trout rise a foot away for a bug floating down the river. The sun was setting and I didn't have any flies to match the hatch so I went home satisfied.

This was the best weekend fishing in my short time chasing these beautiful fish.

To top things off I got to watch Bubba Watson win The Masters.

2 comments:

  1. Nice going Mac. What a great way to end the day! It's all down hill from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Howard.....I wish you were wrong but you are probably right. :)

    ReplyDelete